Evan S. Gaines
Evan has extensive experience navigating complex class action and representative action disputes, including those involving California wage-and-hour law.
Evan drafts individual, class and representative action complaints and motions for class certification, among other dispositive motions, in both state and federal courts. He also conducts legal research; drafts written discovery; interviews witnesses and gathers declarations; depose corporate designees, class members and managerial employees; and plays an integral role in preparing for trial in certified class actions.
Evan received a Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law where he earned American Jurisprudence Awards in Complex Litigation and Client Counseling and Interviewing. His coursework was primarily in the areas of Property and Civil Litigation. While at Michigan State, Evan spent time working in the Library and on numerous research projects for various professors. Evan also served on the board of directors for Brentwood Park Condominium where he managed the maintenance and renovation of several condo projects.
Evan also earned a Bachelor of Arts in Film Studies from the University of California, Santa Barbara. He personally wrote, directed and produced 4 films while at UCSB and was involved in the productions of countless others.
Evan is an avid sports fanatic and sneaker enthusiast.
- Represented employees in a class and representative action against nationwide check cashing company for failure to provide all rest breaks and failure to pay overtime wages. Settled for $995,000.
- Represented shoe store employees in a class and representative action against large shoe retailer for failure to pay overtime wages and failing to provide meal periods. Settled for $XXX,XXX
- U.S. District Courts for the Central, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of California
Awards & Affiliations
- Member, San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Member, California Employment Lawyers Association
- University of California, Santa Barbara, 2005, B.A.
- Michigan State University College of Law, 2012, J.D.